Safe And Secure Wireless Networks From Calibre IT
In today’s world of smartphones, tablets, laptops and other ‘intelligent’ technologies there is an increasing need for companies and education organisations to have a stable, fast and available wireless network. We have extensive experience in designing and delivering wireless networks for a number of companies, across a number of sectors. Infact, Calibre has delivered the largest Cisco/Meraki wireless network in the region. This network comprises of some 90 access points serving 1200 people and moving in excess of 100Gb of network traffic daily.
Surviving The Educational System iPad Crush
Apple iPads are taking schools and colleges by storm. But with the right tools, iPads need not burden IT. The Meraki line provides a complete solution to create a simple, reliable, and secure environment for iPads:
- 802.11n wireless APs are designed for heavy tablet usage
- Built-in stateful firewall segregates and restricts network access from unauthorized devices
- Device-based policies automatically apply VLAN tags, bandwidth limits, firewall rules, and more to iPads
- Self-configuring, high performance mesh connects wireless-only devices in hard to wire areas, including outdoors
- Built-in NAC and device management provides complete control of heterogeneous client environments
We started working with Calibre after years of frustration with running an unreliable, slow and aged network.We needed to get up and running very quickly to ensure no teaching and learning time was lost and in this regard in particular Calibre were very helpful.They worked unsociable hours to ensure that both the administration and curriculum in the Academy was uninterrupted. They have created a highly effective system for us and worked within a very tight budget. A complete overhaul of our wi-fi system has enabled our Academy to launch a massively successful BYOD scheme. They have given valuable IT support which has helped us enormously. They have operated as true professional partners and I cannot recommend them highly enough.
Mr Stephen Hammond : St Aidans Catholic Academy